The USPS offers mail forwarding as a way to redirect any mail addressed to you at your old address and re-routes this mail to your new address. This helps catch any mail from senders that may not have your new address on file just yet!
Keep in mind, mail forwarding is completely optional and is not needed for all moves. Not sure if you need mail forwarding? Not a problem!
You do not need to forward your mail if:
- You're moving to or from an international address
- Your old address is classified as Commercial
- You want to continue receiving certain mail at your old address
- Your new address is not yet finalized
- You have already updated all your accounts and told friends and family your new address