Yes! If you are moving out of state, you are required to purchase a new auto insurance policy as every state has different coverage requirements and regulations. Failure to do so may result in denied claims or cancellation.
Articles in this section
- When do I need to switch my car insurance over by?
- I am moving within state and would like to keep my current auto insurance policy. Are you able to help me update the address on my policy?
- Why should I purchase insurance through Updater’s Insurance Division’s partners?
- I'm moving before my policy ends but have already prepaid for the full amount. Will I get a refund?
- What kind of discount can I get by bundling?
- What information do I need to provide in order to setup my insurance?
- I'm moving across state lines. Am I required to purchase a new auto insurance policy?
- I'll be moving in with someone. Can we share one policy or do we all need to purchase our own individual policy?
- I'm trying to purchase auto insurance but don't see my car's make and model listed. What should I do?